Our core values are the heart, soul and character of Harvey. Without a doubt, they provide the standard of behavior by which we conduct business, and they represent the culture we embrace. They embody the vision of our company’s founders and encompass the values that have been and will continue to be vital to our success. Our core values represent how we treat one another, deal with our customers, respond to stakeholders, and hold each other and ourselves accountable. Our core values also represent the cornerstone of how we run our business. While attaining these high standards may be difficult, we nonetheless aspire to live our lives and conduct our business accordingly:
- Accept the safety of our employees, stakeholders and the general public as our responsibility.
- Plan safety into every aspect of our work and relentlessly execute our plan.
- Drive for continuous improvement to create and sustain a zero incident culture.
- Stay truthful, accurate, and straightforward.
- Offer candid and open communication and conduct.
- Maintain consistency between your beliefs and your behavior.
- Sustain the courage to advocate for that which is right and challenge that which is wrong.
- Stay reasonable, open-minded, impartial, even-handed, and non-discriminatory in all of your dealings.
- Partner and actively collaborate within and outside the company.
- Maintain a focus on an attitude of sincerity, tolerance, consideration, and assistance toward others.
- Accept responsibility for your own actions or inactions and those of the individuals you supervise.
- Take prompt, constructive steps to correct mistakes or defects.
- Promote teamwork by holding one another accountable and rejecting inconsistent behaviors.
- Make only realistic commitments and follow through on the commitments you make.
- Deliver prompt and responsive business dealings within and outside the company.
- Practice the principle of the Golden Rule.
- Respect the dignity, rights, safety, and personal property of others.
- Stay open to the ideas and the opinions of others.
- Exercise patience and remain positive under all circumstances.
- Ensure that those whom you supervise are not put in compromising situations.
- Apply consistent diligence, perseverance, attention to detail, and good work habits to ensure high-quality projects and products and excellent customer service.
- Build capabilities through continuous learning, coaching, mentoring, and teaching.
- Refuse complacency or indifference.
- Remain flexible and open to possibilities.
- Comply with all laws, rules, and regulations.
- Show consideration for the safety and the well-being of everyone, including the environment.
- Respond to the impact our work has on the environment by consistently evaluating and improving our efforts so that our projects and processes work in harmony with the environment.
- Cultivate an organization that actively encourages us to be the best of who we are and continuously strives to make a difference in all of our communities.